Friday, February 6, 2009

Music Heaven...

Oh, my God, you'd think I'd died and gone to heaven....I've found sheet music online for many Tokio Hotel songs, particularly An Denier Seite (Ich Bin Da).......which I can't listen to without get all misty.

So, I'm not sure how I'll actually be able to learn to play it...my violin will warp from the tears. (I'm so melodramatic...lol)

At any rate, an instrument that I have not played in over 30 years will get new strings, gets polished, the bow gets rosined up and I get to try again....all because of lovely Bill Kaulitz and his wonderful angelic voice and the ability to Google almost anything. I feel like I have been given a gift...something I could have done all along, all by myself, I know, but I think needing to find the right catalyst. And it is that lovely voice...

It is said that the violin is the closest in tone to the human voice, and I know the versions of Spring Nicht (a Youtube version from 2007 in particular) and Monsoon with strings are breathtaking and heartbreaking all at once and echo the depth and passion of Bill's voice. I'm hoping there are more strings used in their future work.

Plus, it's so damned fun to get good at a piece, to be able to put the sheet music away and just close your eyes and play...to play from the heart and not the mind. The fingers know where to go, the bow dips on its own accord, and the music comes from a different place. It's hard work to get to that place, but I'm looking forward to the challenge of trying to get there. I used to be able to do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment