Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lots of Emotion...

Because sometimes I love the sound of my own prose, I posted this on The Official Tokio Hotel Fanclub site...and there is just so much more I feel (heart sick is one feeling) that can't be put into words. Other than I'm way too invested in the lives of people I don't know.

Is that the definition of an obsessed fan? Would I be a stalker? I'm sure if I saw any member of Tokio Hotel on the street, my first instinct would be (after fainting) to ask for an autograph. And that's such an intrusive thing. I wouldn't ask a stranger on the street for that; why are TH any different? But the fan stalkers have gone too far. I'm not sure if it would be different in the US. I know we have stalker fans, but they are usually just one crazed, obsessed fan, not gangs of masked girls following them around. Scary...

I was stalked at one time, and in a fairly lame manner, but still...it is horrible to feel your freedom is impacted by someone's actions. And when it goes to the point of physical contact, it must be a terrible thing. I can't imagine....

From the fan site:

We need to support them as much as we can…the words we write, the pictures we use, the videos we make…and be true fans. We may be on the other side of the world, or in the same city as they are, but we are NOT all crazed, stalker fans. We may adore and love them in our own ways, but above all, we RESPECT them…respect their families, their privacy…their freedom.

Bill wears that on his arm, has it permanently tattooed into his skin…and stalker fans take that away. It makes me angry and sad…and makes me feel helpless.

There are more of us than there are stalkers…I hope TH and their families know that and can feel the positive energy we can generate. We’re intense, we’re loyal, but we’re not crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment