Thursday, May 28, 2009

In My Dreams...

Ever have a dream and wake up and think it was real? Or have left over emotions from it? Sure you have...

Anyway...so I'm standing in line waiting for autographs...I'm in Minneapolis and it's cold...which it always is in Minnesota...and Bill is first coming down the line and all the teeny girls are screaming in my ears...I'm holding my own at the front of the crowd...and here he comes, and I hold out what I think is a CD case...it was plastic and about the right size...in both my hands.

So he reaches for that, touches my fingers (OH MY GOD...I remember the feeling of a fingernail hitting my right index finger and slightly chilly fingertips)...he signs his name and I say "Danke, liebchen." He looks up, smiles (OH MY GOD again) and says, "Sprechen sie Deutsche?"

I say "No, just song lyrics and 'Ich liebe Bill'." To which he laughs and says, "So does everyone else."

And walks away. And I realize that 10,000 screaming teenage girls are screaming Ich liebe Bill in the background.

Yeah...quick thinking there...

1 comment:

  1. I read this post over and over again... the silly smile endures...;P

    ReplyDelete