Monday, March 23, 2009

Okay...Back to Posting...in English, not Hindi

For the two other people that may have read this blog and wondered where I've been...I've been nowhere, but my blog settings got changed (that would have been me changing them and not paying attention) so I was typing in Hindi for a time, and not being able to figure out what was going on.

No great loss...have not had much to say anyway. Had a fantastic post all ready in my head, after drinking some Eel River Raven's Eye Imperial Stout the other day, but as with most drunken thoughts...by morning they had all evaporated. I do know it was about "irrational fears," something I subject my kid to on a regular basis...like gravity will cease to exist for him and he'll either plummet off the bridge into the water, or fly into the sky and I'll never get him back. I think that's just the parent in me.

I do have irrational fears for Bill thought...not the rest of the band though. Not that I do not like the rest of the band as much...I really do. They just all seem...um..."more" something...I want to say "sturdy" but that's not the right word...maybe it's "less" something, not more. Less likely to fall victim to something bad happening to them?

I think it's just me projecting my parental fears on someone else. I'm sure Bill is perfectly capable of taking care of himself; he has been for quite some time. I think it's partly from watching way too much YouTube, like all the other obsessed fans.

Although he is one of the few famous people I worry about. Angelina Jolie is another. Not sure why...she, and I guess he, seem vulnerable in a way that touches me. And I think she's perfectly capable of taking care of herself as well...but I still say a prayer for both of them, even though I'm an agnostic.

But a prayer is a prayer, wherever it goes or whoever says it...or whoever receives it.

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing...I'm reading, and reading...and thinking: this "girl" (we are girls aren't we? Most of the time anyway - not in the morning, when I'm all sore!) is just like me! And now I realise your caring feelings about Bill - I have them too, not for Tom or Georg or Gustav, just for Bill...and for Angelina! Yesterday, I saw her in the TV News, about her work with refugees and I commented with my husband, how much I care for her, how she looks so thin and how amazing she is!

    ReplyDelete